- My workout regiment this summer has been perfect; equal parts having fun on my bike and getting rid of the weight I gained in college. But sometimes I really just want a ton of icecream and prizza.
- Community is too good. My accomplishment this long weekend (September 2012) will be that I got through Seasons 2+3 :/
PS: I now have a crush on Alison Brie
- Girls scare me. Not in a cooties or I think I might like men kinda way…just like…either I don’t know what’s going on in their heads OR I don’t know what’s going on in mine kinda way. The Winger in me wants to find a babe, the Troy in me wants to say screw it and just have fun with whatever comes up that day, while the Abed in me is too busy leveling my Worgen Rogue to care about women. At this point in time I’m fairly certain a like-minded gal is going to have to chase me down for me to even notice anything going on.
- My house still doesn’t feel like my home. I spent a solid 10mins today just staring at the ceiling with this haunting feeling that I’m just borrowing space…
- School starts this week for many; old classmates are filling up the halls of Prov today, kids I work with are doing their back-to-school shopping. It’s weird, I feel weird, which sounds weird, whatever.
With finals coming to a close, and grad at the end of this week, I can’t help but reflect on where I was exactly one year ago.
I was a different man, with simpler responsibilities, and less on his plate (even though I felt overwhelmed). I was surrounded by different people asking different things of me, and I know I failed some of them. People that stuck by me through three difficult years, only to lose them when the end was finally in sight…
This past year has been a blur, and I’m being totally serious when I say that last years decisions feel like just yesterday. But I’ve grown, and continue to learn, and pray that I’m making the right decisions.
All I can do is continue to put my trust in God. Whether you believe in Him or not, we all need something to guide our lives, and no matter what it is there’s always that feeling that maybe we didn’t follow the instructions properly; that feeling of “what if?”
A part of me will always stand on the “what if”, waiting to hear a response. But that doesn’t mean that my life slows down. Monumental moments never leave a person like me…I hold onto them, learn from them, and ultimately let them become next years decisions. While some tell me this is a weakness, I find that it becomes my strength. When you’re called to help others, it helps to know every corner of yourself.
And when shooting fireworks off in a field, watch out for cows.