BATTLESTAR GALATICA ONLINE [game] Review
For those that don’t know, BSG is in my top5 favorite TV shows list. So when I heard they were porting it over into an MMORPG I was ecstatic! Then, when I heard they changed it into a free-to-play browser based game…I was still happy but not as.
I’ve now spent about 15mins setting up my character, running my first mission, and running around the ship, here are my thoughts…
- Free to play / browser based = never as good as it could be
- Trying to fly with space dynamics (all directions) with only mouse clicks is annoying
- Running around the ship is fun
- Character interaction/dialogue is painfully boring
- Mission HUD is complicated, confusing, and ultimately I find myself just clicking the ‘ok’ button to get it out of the way
This is for hardcore BSG fans. I’m a huge fan, uber even, and I still find myself bored. I am impressed with the character design, and the fact that you can free-run around the ship (well, three parts of it…) but all the cluttered things to look at, read, and click on frustrate my eyes. There’s a constant ticker at the bottom of the screen displaying missions, and a real-time pop up that displays what’s happening in the “world”.
Verdict: If you’re a fan check it out, but don’t expect much.